Sunday, March 1, 2009

Catching Up

Well it’s been close to a week since I last blogged. A bit lackadaisical of me but nonetheless I am now back on track.

It’s always been a problem for me to get the correct balance between work life and private life but recently it’s all gotten a lot easier. The weekend was fantastic and today is being spent catching up with mates gossip and general mooching around relaxing.

I don’t know if it’s the fact that the backend of 2008 and January are now firmly in the past, that work is coming in nice and steady or if it’s the fact that my invoices seem to being paid on time but the level of stress has diminished to background noise.

Whatever the cause life is a lot more enjoyable when you can leave the office behind, physically and mentally, get out there and enjoy yourself. I’ve even found myself able to talk about things outside of my professional life!

To those who have tolerated my babbling and stressing about all things work orientated, thank you.

Part of my newfound free and easy lifestyle has involved planning the purchase my birthday presents. Birthday parties have never really been something that I have been bothered about even as a child. I do however firmly hold the belief that the best person to buy your birthday presents is you!

I think top of the list has to be some new furniture. Maybe a bottle of Jameson’s 18 year old will find its way on to the shopping list as well. Those that know me also know that I need only the smallest excuse to jump on a plane to points foreign. One such trip is confirmed and another seems on the cards so some purchases may well be deferred until then.

It also seems that people are planning trips to South Africa. A couple of old mates are making noises about visiting in the next few months. I have often joked about being less of a mate and more of a cheap holiday destination for various people but its going to be great to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment