Saturday, March 21, 2009

Back from the dead

Regular readers will know that I recently had a medevac case that I worked on concerning a guy employed in the Middle East (see Feb 17th)

This guy arrived in a deep coma with multiple organ failure and less than minimal chance of survival.

I got a call last night saying he had regained consciousness after over a month in coma. Today I went to hospital and had one of the most amazing conversations. Not because of what we talked about but more because of the fact that we were able to talk at all.

Managed to get him on my phone to his family and saw a man that should by all accounts be dead laugh smile and ask for food!

The team of people involved with getting this guy from a war zone to where he is now are amongst the most professional I have ever had the pleasure of working with.

Medevac cases have nothing to do with our usual business of private investigation and how we got involved is a bit of a long story but its an area that is certainly fulfilling. No one was happier than me this afternoon. Well maybe his family but it’s a very close run thing.

A night of celebration is in order and I know just how to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment