Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hotels

I have stayed in some flee pits in my time. Places where you share the room with other residents in possession of far too many legs and eyes. I once woke up to see a bat around half a meter away from my face hanging under the table top. I knew a lady once who had the experience of a bat flying in to the overhead fan and having the remains land on her while she was sleeping! A snake in a toilet, bugs in my shoes and various uninvited rodents have all added to my lack of enthusiasm with hotels.

Luckily these days I am able to upgrade my accommodation a small bit

So as you can see, hotels are not my favourite places in the world. But for those of you heading for Windhoek (hey you never know it might happen!) may I recommend the Safari Hotel by Eros airport. 30 min and 300 Namibian Dollars from the main airport. (you don’t have to worry about how much a Namibian dollar is worth) A fantastic place with great staff decent food and a cheep bar. (Anywhere that serves Jameson’s at $1.95 USD a shot will have a friend in me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment